III. Complete the correct answer A, B, C or D.
1. We should ___________ childrens awareness of our customs and traditions.
A. rise B. raise C. boost D. improve
2. We ___________ the Spring Festival on the 15th of January in the lunar calendar.
A. happen B. occur C. hold D. take place
3. Be sure remember me to Lan if you ______ to see her in Da Lat.
A. happen B. want C. need D. have
4. Festivals are important because they keep some village traditions___________.
A. alive B. live C. living D. lively
5. ___________ is a traditional Vietnamese game for children. Its very enjoyable.
A. Removing the snake tail B. dragon-snake C. throwing water D. wall ball
6. I fancy _______ beauty of the natural pink and white cherry trees that bloom in the spring.
A. to admire B. admire C. admiring D. admired
7. In our country, it is _________to mark a special occasion like this with a toast. Lets join us tonight.
A. custom B. customary C. costume D. customer
8. ___________ to the tradition, we have a fireworks display on New Years Eve.
A. In addition B. According C. Owing D. Thanks
9. The releasing of animals, particularly fish or birds, has long been a part of Thai Buddhism. The phrase
releasing of animals mean:
A. enclosing them B. giving them freedom C. catching them D. protecting them
10. I respect Jacks opinion on most subjects. What is the opposite of the underlined word?
A. scorn B. honor C. admire D. adore