Read the story. Write some words to complete the sentences about the story. You can use 1, 2, 3 or 4 words.
Davids busy morning
It was Saturday morning and Davids mother had lots of work to do. Davids baby sister, Katy, was only two and a half, and Davids father, who was a fireman, always worked at the fire station until midnight. David was fourteen. He liked reading books about animals, reading magazines about computers and watching football on the television. At 11 oclock, he was lying on the sofa in the living room when his mother came in.
I want to get some medicine from the chemists and some fruit and vegetables from the supermarket. Katy is sleeping so I cant take her with me. You can stay here with her, or go to the shops for me. Which job do you want to do? It was a hot day and David didnt want to go out. Ill stay with Katy, he said. That will be easier.
Davids mother left, but Katy only slept for five more minutes, and then she woke up. David play with Katy! she shouted. David gave her some toys, then read her a story. Then he found some paints for her and she painted a picture. After that, he had to tidy Katys room. When his mother came home, he said, Ive been very busy and Im very tired now! I chose the wrong job, Mum!!
0. Davids mother had to do lots of . (Example: 0. work)
1. Davids dad wasnt at home because he didnt finish work until .....
2. David liked reading about ...... and computers.
3. David was in .....when his mum came to talk to him.
4. Davids mum needed to go to the supermarket to get some ......
5. David decided to stay .....because he didnt want to go into the town.....