Rewrite the following sentences as directed ( using the suggested words) so that the meanings stay the same. (0.6 pt)
1. She eats fruits and vegetables every day, but she keeps gaining weight.
2. I spend twenty minutes walking to school every morning.
3. This tea doesnt taste the same as the one I usually drink. (from)
Choose the word that has underlined part pronounced differently from the others. (0,5 point)
9. A. played B. drilled C. invented D. canned
10. A. decision B. vision C. measure D. sure
Having a hobby that we enjoy brings us joy and enriches our lives. It gives us something fun to do during our leisure time and affords us the opportunity to learn new skills. We are very fortunate to have so many different options out there today. In fact, there are entire websites devoted to hobbies and interests.
The best way to cultivate a new hobby is to try something new. The world is full of wonderful, exciting activities that we can explore and adopt as our own. Of course, all of us are unique and, therefore, our interests and hobbies vary. But once we find a hobby that we truly enjoy and are passionate about, we become hooked. It becomes part of our lives and captivates us in a very personal way.
b. Answer the following questions ( 0,5 point)
23. What shoud we do if we want to cultivate a new hobby?
24. What is your hobby?
Read the text carefully then answer the questions.
Josh is one of the gifted seventh graders at an international lower secondary school with over 800 students aged from 11 to 15. It also has modern facilities and well-qualified teachers, which can provide Josh and his friends with the best learning conditions. Josh has a great passion for science. He likes doing interesting experiments in the science laboratory under the guidance of his teacher. He finds these experiments about electricity or light quite useful and practical. The computer room is also a place where he often goes after class to search for necessary information about safe, funny and simple experiments on the Internet. He also does many science projects with his partners there. With great efforts, he hopes he will become a scientist in the future.
1. Which grade is Josh in?
2. Who helps Josh to conduct the science experiments in the school lab?
3. Does Josh have a great passion for science?
4. What does Josh think about the science experiments?
5. Does he hope to become a doctor in the future?