Choose the best answer.
1. When I phoned my friends, they_______to music and_______.
A. was listening/ dance C. were listening/ dancing
B. were listening/ dance D. were listen/ dance
2. Yesterday at six I_______ dinner for my family and friends.
A. was preparing C. were preparing
B. were prepare D. was prepare
3. The kids_______ in the garden when it suddenly rained heavily.
A. were play C. are playing
B. was playing D. were playing
4. I_______ a song when my mother came home.
A. am singing C. were singing
B. was singing D. is singing
5. What_______ at 9 P.M yesterday?
A. you were doing C. were you doing
B. was you doing D. you were doing
6. At this time yesterday, we_______ in the park.
A. were sitting B. sits C. were sit D. was sitting
7. The storm started while Linda_______ workplace.
A. was driving B. drove C. were drove D. were driving
8. My father_______ nine symphonies; he_______ another symphony when he died.
A. wrote/ writing C. wrote/ was writting
B. wrote/ was writing D. was writing/ wrote
9. Alice hurt herself while she_______ .
A. were skating B. was skates C. was skating D. skated
10. I_______ met my neighbor while I home from work.
A. was walking B. was walk C. walking D. walked
11. Kien stepped on Maria feet while they_______ feet while they together.
A. was dancing B. dancing C. were dancing D. danced
12. Sally_______ dinner last night when somebody clocked the door.
A. were having B. had C. having D. was having
13. Jane_______ when the telephone rang.
A. sleeping B. was sleeping C. were sleeping D. slept
14. As I_______ to the lab, I met my friend.
A. were walking B. was walking C. walking D. walked
15. When I_______ Brian, he a taxi.
A. see/drives B. see/was driving C. saw/was driving D. saw/is driving