Hanoi is (1) ... by Noi Bai International Airport, located in the Soc Son District, approximately 40 Km north of Hanoi. Noi Bai is (2) ... only international airport for the northern gegions of Vietnam. Direct daily flights are available to (3) ... cities in Vietnam, Asia, Australia and Europe. Flights to and from America usually invole a (4) ... . The Airport has recently been rebuilt with modern facilities.
Hanoi is also the origin departure (5) ... for many train routes in the country. The Union Express runs from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city from Hang Co station, with stops at cities and provinces along the line. Trains also depart Hanoi for Hai Phong and other northern cities.
The main (6) ... of transport within the city are motorbikes, buses, taxis, and bicycles. Motorbikes remain the most common way to (7) ... around the city, due to their flexibility in navigating small streets, lack (8) ... parking spaces for cars, and also being more fuel economic than automobiles. (9) ... number of private cars are rising every year, and traffic at rush hours can be very (10) ... .
Public buses run on many routes and fare can be purchase on the bus. A taxi is more convenient for longer trips, and if you do not wish to travel in open air.
1. A. served B. replaced C. used D. taken over
2. A. a B. an C. the D. no article
3. A. other B. others C. another D. each other
4. A. transplant B. transport C. transit D. translate
5. A. sight B. point C. top D. landscape
6. A. instruments B. furniture C. equipment D. means
7. A. mingle B. become C. get D. look
8. A. of B. for C. up D. off
9. A. a B. an C. the D. no article
10. A. noisy B. heavy C. pretty D. happy