I. Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D (0.5 pts).
1. A. orchestra B . change C . catch D . championship
2. A. sugar B. serious C. symptom D. second
3. A. worked B . missed C . returned D . watched
4. A.healthy B. everything C.rather D. bath
5. A. birthday B. although C. another D. there
II. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the others by circling A, B, C or D (0.5 pts).
1. A. mixture B . detective C . improve D . rehearse
2. A. geography B . chemistry C . history D . different
3. A.cartoon B.repeat C.teacher D.theatre
4. A.writer B.teacher C.builder D.Career
5. A.national B.cultural C.popular D.musician