11. Which subject are they talking……………….. ?
A. with B. to C. about D. in
12. What………….at the weekend?
A. Jane does do B. does Jane do C. do Jane D. Jane does
13. My classmate, Oanh, likes collecting things. She has a good………………..of coins.
A. collector B. collect C. collection D. collective
14. She alwaysspeaks too…………………...
A. fastly B. fast C. quick D. slow
15. How……………..water is there in the bottle?
A. many B. a lot C. much D. little
16. Paper is often made………………wood.
A. of B. from C. with D. into
17. Graham Bell was born………………….March 3, 1847.
A. in B. on C. at D. during
18. Children are not old enough to look after…………………..
A. themself B. itself C. themselves D. ourselves
19. They promised……………..us.
A. to help B. protect C. help D. listen to
20. Don’t wait…………………me if I’m late.
A. in B. from C. for D. on
III. Choose the words whose underlined part is pronounced different from the others
1. A. bought B. cough C. sight D. daughter
2. A. happy B. character C. fat D. classmate
3. A. smile B. thick C. fit D. visit
4. A. hot B. hat C. hour D. hall
5. A. last B. fast C. task D. taste
IV. Choose the word with a different stress pattern from the others in each line
1. A.airport B.duty – free C.bookshop D.praiseworthy
2. A.snow – white B.trustworth C.filmmaker D.homesick
3. A.offer B.advice C.agree D.mistake
4. A. relation B. question C.decision D.agreement
5. A. short – sighted B.underpass C.expert D.trouble
6. A. July B.rely C. poison D.retain
7. A.coffee B.discover C.rewrite D.record
8. A.event B.maintain C.herself D.happen
9. A.bookshop B.lucky C.answer D.enjoy
10. A.alone B.become C. foolish D. decision
11. A.machine B.forget C.employee D.nation
12. A. relax B.underlay C.silly D. pretty
13. A.historic B.begin C.demoracy D.nation
14. A.happy B.meaning C.question D.snow – white
15. A.event B.enjoy C.airport D.retain
16. A.handsome B. become C. answer D.happen
17. A.basic B.neighbour C.enormous D.hobby
18. A. reread B.foolish C. enter D.birthday
19. A.comfortable B.childhood C.volunteer D.neighbourhood
20. A.asleep B.country C.abroad D.machine
21. A.copy B. happen C.differ D. receive
22. A.gather B.relax C.picture D.artist
23. A. lonely B. enjoy C.hotel D.describe
24. A.rename B.famous C.religious D.annoy
V. Read the following passage and circle the right word ( A, B, C or D) each question:
In 2001, an American, Dennis Tito, became the world’s first space tourist. He travelled to the International Space Station and stayed there for ten days. A year later, South African millionaire, Mark Shuttleworth, went on the same trip. When he returned, he said, “Every second will be with me for the rest of my life”. Both men paid 20 million dollars for their holidays.
A company is planning to build a hotel in the space. It will have everything a normal hotel has, except that the bedrooms won’t have windows. The guest will see pictures of the space. The company’s president thinks that a five-day holiday at the hotel will cost only 25,000 dollars. They plan to finish the hotel by 2020.
1. Who was the first space tourist?
A. American Dennis B. Dennis Tito C. South African millionaire D. Mark Shuttleworth
2. How long did Dennis stay in space?
A. A year B. Ten days C. Five days D. Every second
3. What was the cost of the trip?
A. Twenty dollars B. 20,000 dollars C. 20,000,000 dollars D. 25,000 dollars
4. What is special about the hotel in space?
A. It will have everything that a normal hotel has.
B. There will be no windows in the bedroom.
C. People can stay for only five days.
D. It doesn’t have any beautiful pictures.
5. What is 2020?
A. The time they will finish the hotel.
B. The cost of each holiday.
C. The time they will start building the hotel.
D. The time each guest can stay at a hotel.