Choose the word whose main stress pattern is placed differently from the others
5. A. festival B. perform C. parade D. enjoy
6. A. famous B. Christmas C. Easter D. rename
7. A. highlight B. enjoy C. reverse D. review
8. A. invest B. major C. perform D. machine
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
Choose the best answer to complete the sentences
9. I enjoy watching __________films because they bring me laughter.
A. thriller B. sci-fi C. romantic D. hilarious
10. The children should not watch this film because it is___________.
A. hilarious B. violent C. gripping D. moving
11. She was absent from class _____________she was ill.
A. although B. because C. despite D. because of
12. There ___________few high buildings in the past.
A. used be B. used to were C. used to be D. be used
13. Slow down a bit. There's a 50 km _______________on this road.
A. speed limit B. limit speed C. spit limit D. limit spit
14. He is driving so fast: he may endanger other______________.
A. viewers B. road users C. driving licence D. seatbelts
15. There are many vehicles on the street now. __________, there is no traffic jam.
A. But B. Therefore C. So D. Nevertheless
16. We have decided _____________this documentary on the President‘s life.
A. showing B. to show C. to showing D. show
17. When I was a child, I used (dream)_______ of being an astronaut.
A. to go B. goes C. going D. went