III. Choose the best answer.
1. __________ pollution is harmful or annoying level of noise, as from vehicles, industry activities, etc.
A. light B. visual C. soil D. noise
2. This picture __________ the contamination of ground water.
A. illustrate B. illustrating C. illustrates D. illustrated
3. Parents should teach children not to __________ wastes on the road.
A. litter B. poison C. cause D. measure
4. I can’t hear your voice __________ I’m wearing an earplug.
A. although B. due C. however D. because
5. What is _________ official language of your country?
A. a B. an C. the D. x
6. Scientists have just come up __________ a solution to hearing loss.
A. to B. on C. with D. down
7. What would you do if a factory in your neighborhood ________ untreated water into the river?
A. dump B. dumped C. dumping D. dumps
8. English is the _______ language of many countries, including Britain and Philippines.
A. official B. absolute C. unique D. puzzling
9. Canada is made up _________ 10 provinces and 6 territories.
A. on B. of C. by D. with
10. Koalas are well-known as the symbol __________ Australia.
A. of B. in C. on D. for