11. ________ I left the village to look for a new job.
A. In spite of my mother’s disapproval B. Although my mother disapproved but
C. In spite of my mother disapproved D. Even though my mother disapproved but
12. I do not like the film ____ by Steven.
A. make B. are made C. making D. made
13. Because of _________, we can enjoy a lot of interesting live TV programs.
Vo Thi Sau High School English 10- The First Semester
A. there is the invention of communication satellites
B. communication satellites were invented
C. they invented communication satellites
D. the invention of communication satellites
14. In spite of _______, he has no intention to give up smoking.
A. his bad cough B. he coughs badly C. it is his bad cough D. his badly cough
15. Some people in the village became ill __________.
A. because of the severe drought B. as the severe drought
C. because the severe drought D. because of there is a severe drought
16. As it was storming heavily, we resigned ourselves to staying at home.
A. Because of a heavy storm B. Though a heavy storm
C. Because of there was a heavy storm D. Since a heavy storm
17. We were late. The game ________.
A. begins already B. has already begun C. had already begun D. is beginning
18. By the late 1980s, 98% of American homes in the US ________ at least one TV set.
A. have B. were having C. had D. have had
19. In the last few years, it _____ more and more difficult to get into universities.
A. becomes B. became C. has become D. had become
20. _______ he cannot afford a car, he goes to work by bus.
A. Because B. Because of C. When D. Although
21. _________ the living standard has improved a lot, unemployment is quite high.
A. Because B. Because of C. In spite of D. Although
22. __________ all my warnings, he tried to fix the computer himself.
A. Instead of B. In spite of C. Although D. Because
23. He always did well at school ________ having his early education.
A. on account of B. in spite of C. even though D. in addition
24. _______ having dinner at home, they ate out that evening.
A. Instead of B. In spite of C. Except for D. Because of