I. Fill in each blank with a suitable PREPOSITION or PARTICLE.
1. I know ________ experience that I do my best work early in the morning.
2. I am astonished ________ the way my students can spend all night at the disco and still remember their prepositions next morning.
3. Is it possible to insure yourself ________ nuclear attack?
4. At school today, we had a long discussion _______ the best way to learn a foreign language.
5. “How can I discourage my boyfriend _______ trying to kiss me all the time?” “Eat plenty of garlic.”
6. Raise the gun to your shoulder, aim _______ the target, and try not to kill anyone.
7. Small children should be watched ____________ carefully.
8. Would you give up your country cottage __________ a town flat?
9. He’ll inherit the money when he comes ______________ age.
10.The performance on the first night came ______________ pretty.